This was the state of the cabinet before. All of our everyday glasses, mismatched mugs and random martini and wine glasses (these should be stored in the living room bar.... helloooooo!). I've replaced them with our white everyday dishes, bowls and coffee mugs, plus a pitcher and my fav cake stand.
First, everything had to be cleared out so I could measure the width and length of the back cabinet wall.
Then I measured out and cut the fabric to size. I added an inch to the length and the width so I could fold the edges to prevent the fabric from fraying.
Not only do I not own a sewing machine but I have no idea how to use one. "Lo and Behold"... heat bond! A pretty freaking cool little item I picked up at the craft store.
I followed the simple directions, folded over the extra inch slack I gave myself on the fabric and ironed on the double sided "sticky hem" (very technical term... ahem). Again, the purpose of this step is to have a nice clean edge on all sides and prevent the fabric from fraying.
The fabric was installed by using four little thumb tacks on each of the cabinet corners. I didn't want to use any type of glue substance to mount the fabric because if I get tired of this it can easily be removed or switched out with another fun fabric.
And there you have it. Not bad for an hour of my day and about $8 for a yard of fabric!
the boys take a nap time permits, I plan to work on the other glass cabinet tomorrow. Wish me luck!