Just to recap, this is what I was dealing with. I confess. I am that girl who has NO idea what's in the pantry because it's jammed packed with so much
Case and point, after emptying all the contents onto the counter I found...
- 3 jars of vinegar peppers from 2006... yeeeeah, I think it's safe to say those bad boys had past their prime
- 4 cans of black beans and 2 cans of black bean soup. I hate black beans. My husband hates black beans and I'm pretty sure I don't even have a recipe that would necessitate 1 can of black beans never mind 4. Anyone know of a local canned food drive??
- 4 jars of green olives. Who wants to come over for dirty martini's every night... for the next month?
- 1 beef jerky. Ew! I don't even know how that got in there
- and what the heck is that Wasabi paste for??
Here's the pantry cleared of everything. Pretty tiny, huh? Consolidation was mandatory.
And of course, I had to paint it a pretty color because... well because I wanted to and I had the paint.
I also had a bunch of left over chevron fabric from my friend's bridal shower, so I decided to put it to use to line the shelves and make a little magnetic spice rack. More on how I made that and where I got those cute labels tomorrow. I also used Martha Stewarts metal book plates to label each of the shelves.
And drumroll please... before and after!
What a relief! Nice and organized. Now I can finally see everything in the pantry. Maybe I'll even make those Sprinkles cupcakes soon. YUM!
I'm sharing this post at these fab blogs...