It was like Santa's little workshop around the house this past weekend. We are officially decorated and ready to Jingle Bell Rock! As suspected, we had some successes and "challenges" with the Advent Calendar activities. On the 1st, we got in the car and drove 1 mile to the Tree Lot and picked out a gorgeous 7 foot Noble Fir... it smells so freakin' delish. Success! On the 2nd, we strung up the lights and decorated the tree. The boys loved playing with the ornaments however didn't really get the concept of putting them on the tree.
hrrrmm, Tyler thought this one was a cookie.
And last night we decorated Christmas Cookies.
Rolling the dough and making snowflakes... success!
Decorating the cookies... success!
Keeping mommies sprinkles nice and properly organized... not so much.
Supervising baking... success!
Eating cookies without making a mess... not so much.
We're having SOOO much fun though! On tap for the rest of the week.
- sing some christmas songs
- make a christmas fort with lights and blankets
- hang mistletoe and get kissed
- make a christmas ornament
- take the christmas card photo
- and I may add, GET CHRISTMAS HAIRCUT! Jeesh, their "Napolean Dynamite" fro is out of control!
Happy December everyone!!!!