Ever have one of those nights when you wake up at 2 AM and just can't fall back to sleep for hours? I've been having those on a regular basis as of late. I think it's my body getting me ready for 3 AM feedings (#yikesthisishappening). On those mornings I need a serious pick me up in addition to my morning coffee. This Power Breakfast Bowl will get you moving and keep you satisfied until lunch. It's packed with yummy superfoods to rescue your body from going into a complete meltdown!
This breaky bowl only takes about 10-MINUTES to make from start to finish. When food shopping at Trader Joe's I always try to buy one thing that I've never tried before There are so many hidden treasures in that place! The Trader Joe's Quinoa & Steel Cut Oatmeal was a major find - it's in the frozen breakfast area and is DELISH and super fast to "make" (if heating in the microwave counts as cooking). I also like to add a little heat to spice things up. I'm obsessed with Chili Garlic Sauce - you can find it in the International aisle in most groceries stores in the Asian section. It adds quite the kick! And you can't go wrong with starting your day off right with a healthy poached egg and the holy grail of all superfoods... KALE which is packed with all sorts of antioxidants and vitamins.
INGREDIENTSOne package of Trader Joe's Quinoa & Steel Cut Oatmeal
1/2 cup of chopped Red Kale
2 Slices of Jennie O Turkey Bacon
1 teaspoon of Chili Garlic Sauce
Dash of lemon or white vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Bake turkey bacon according to packaging and set aside.
2. Pour about 2 inches of water into a sauce pan and heat on the stovetop until it reaches a steady simmer.
3. Add Kale for about 30 seconds and remove with a slotted spoon
4. Stir the simmering water with a spoon to create a gentle whirlpool in the water (this will help the egg white wrap around the yolk). *Tip* Add a dash lemon juice to the water - it helps the proteins in the egg whites coagulate.
3. Crack egg into a ramekin and slowly tip the egg into the whirlpool of simmering water. Cook for 3 minutes
4. In the meantime, microwave the Quinoa & Steel Cut Oatmeal according to packaging (about 3 minutes.
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and ENJOY!
Click here to print this recipe